Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You Just Can't Compete Against Jesus

This past weekend, my school district held their Golden Apple Teacher of the Year awards banquet. Amazingly, 2 of the 5 finalists were teachers with whom I work. One in particular is a young man who teaches the Emotionally/Behaviorally Disordered middle schoolers in a self-contained class. He is very devoted to his kids and is a really great teacher.

Well, unfortunately (in my biased opinion), this particular teacher didn't win. The guy who won is a music teacher who claimed that he never wanted to even go into teaching until Jesus "opened his eyes" and showed him "the way." Now, whether he is a more exceptional teacher than my colleague I leave to the judgment of the panel who evaluated each finalist, but as another colleague pointed out to me on Monday morning, "You just can't compete against Jesus."



Quote of the Day:

"Bribes, believe me, buy both gods and men."

--Ovid

No comments:

Post a Comment