Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eat Hot Lead, Haji!

This past week, Stephen Colbert did a 'report' on the so-called 'Jesus rifles' that the US military is using in the war in the Middle East. If there ever was a case to be made about the post-9/11 military engagements being anything other than a holy war for many Americans (and in particular, those supplying the weapons), I believe this segment does a pretty good job of shooting that down (pun intended). In fact, I'm fairly certain there are people who see the 'Promised Land' every time the US military writes them their check for their weapons contract. Click on the link below to see what I mean.


 http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/262174/january-19-2010/onward-christian-soldiers

Quote of the Day:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword."

--Jesus Christ as cited in Matthew 10:34

No comments:

Post a Comment